Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

For my Birthday(July 2) Jonny did a very un-Jonny like thing and planned a last minute trip to Jackson for just the two of us. The key word there is planned, because usually we drive around lost tyring to find hotels in the middle of the night wherever we go and spend the rest of the time trying to buy tickets to a place that is usually sold out. But not this time! It was so much fun! I called my mom Tuesday morning and asked her if she could watch her favorite grandchild for a couple days and of course she agreed. That is the beauty of living by my parents and Jonny's parents. We always have a babysitter! So we packed rather quickly and headed up to Jackson. Here is a quick re-cap of our little vacation.

* On Tuesday night we went to the Bar-J wranglers show. It was alot of fun, but it could have been a little funner had we not gotten there so late and had to sit in the very back crammed in with some people who did not smell so good. Let's just say I didn't eat much of my dinner while sitting elbow to elbow with those people!

* On Wednesday, my Birthday, we decided to take a hike first thing in the morning up to a beautiful lake. It only ended up being about four miles and was quite enjoyable not having to pack a two year old along! I would just like to point out that Jonny has been complaining since about being sore. I guess I am just in better shape than him :) That same day we also played mini-golf which I beat him by three points, while also getting the only hole-in-one of the whole game. Then we raced a couple of times down the Alpine slides. Jonny did beat me at that both times, but I figured he was feeling a little inferior at that point anyway! Then we had my Birthday dinner at our favorite and of course cheap restaurant Bubba's. Jonny somehow convinced the waitress and half the staff to come over and sing me happy birthday. I was quite embarrassed, but I got a free Banana Cream pie out of the deal so I forgave him rather quickly!
* Today we intended to go to the Temple on the way home but the Idaho Falls Temple was closed and we didn't want to drive all the way to Rexburg. We were also missing our little girl quite a bit so we rushed home to kiss her cute face! We didn't take many pictures but here are a few from our hike.


It took us about ten times before we actually got a picture of us and the lake in the same picture. It started getting a little funny how difficult it was!




6 comments:

Amber Hooten said...

How beautiful! What a wonderful way to spend your birthday! I miss the mountains!

the longmores said...

Melissa I remembered it was your birthday, but forgot to say happy b-day. So anyways happy b-day!! It looks like you guys had a great time!

Jordan, Lisa and Hallie said...

Happy Birthday! I can definitely relate with the unplanned vacations thing. Jordan and I are terrible. We always think we know what we want to do, but then making it actually happen is a totally different story. Have a good day!

Amber Hooten said...

I hope you like the book. I think that they are good. I really like reading about the preexistence and the time of the Second Coming. That is why I like them so much. Hopefully you will like them too so I won't have to send you $20!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! It is always nice to have a little time away from the little ones, but always nice to come home!

A said...

Hey just thought I'd let you know, Danny is also reading that series (well, listening to it anyway) and he is OBSESSED. He bawls all day long when he listens to it, so good luck with that. Also, 'your welcome' for introducing you to Bubba's. Glad you had a good time, even if you couldn't stop thinking about the Frasures the whole time and wishing they were there with you again.