Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Welcome Home Baby Leah!


Leah (still working on/arguing about the middle name) Fisher

Born Monday October 26th, 12:50 p.m.
7lbs. 9oz. 21 inches


The Labor and delivery was less than 4 hours and just what I had hoped for. It took us almost a full day to decide on a name and finally settled on Leah. When I was only two or three months along Brooklyn told me she was going to have a sister and her name was Leah. I had another favorite name in mind but at the end of the day I had to admit that Leah fit her perfectly. I guess she knew something we didn't!






I loved that first night with her. It was just me and my new baby. I was so excited that I couldn't even sleep, I just kept staring at her. Finally I had the nursery take her at 2:30 for a few hours so I could sleep just a little.

That night I kept thinking how blessed I was to have this perfect little girl at my side. I didn't get to hold or feed Brooklyn until she was four days old. I know that that made me so much more grateful for my first night with Leah (even if I did finally send her to the nursery!)







First Bath...and a New Hair-do






In Her First Outfit Goin' Home!







No one 18 years or younger is allowed to visit in the hospital, so it was more than a full day before Brooklyn got to see or hold her new baby sister. And since then Brooklyn has pretty much ignored her!






14 comments:

Tracy Nield said...

Congratulations Johnny and Melissa. She is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Congrats~She is beautiful and I love the name Leah, it's perfect! I am so happy for your family!

Julie said...

I LOVE HER!!!!! She is so cute and she put a smile on her face. She looks so much like Jonny's pic in the hospital after he was born, but much more adorable I would have to say. Can't wait to see her and hold the precious angel. I can'e believe that she will be 3 months old before I get to see her. SO NOT FAIR! Congrats you guys. We are so happy for you and I wish her to be just like Keaton. :)

Julie said...

I meant to say that she put a smile on my face! HAHA

Amber Hooten said...

She is ADORABLE! I know you both must be so proud! She has a ton of dark hair. Congratulations! Enjoy this time with a brand new baby!

Jen Merrill said...

so happy for you!! she is a little doll face and nate and i were just saying how much we love the name leah. what a sweet family!

A said...

I must admit, her name fits her perfectly. I can't believe you didn't even get to hold Brooklyn for 4 days. So not fun. I hope my labor goes a bit like yours!

Burrups said...

She is absolutely beautiful! So glad everything went well! I really love her name. Congrats!

WeBeR FaM said...

Congrats! She is such an angel! I'm glad everything went well for you!

Munns Madness said...

She is so sweet. I am so happy that things went so well. I can not wait to see her. I love all tha hair.
Congrats Again
Allyson

Erin L said...

how sweet! That is crazy that brooklyn didn't get to see her for so long. She is adorable and I want to come over and snuggle. (I really need a new baby...)

The Suttons said...

She's beautiful!! Congratulations to you guys!

cindyrella said...

melissa you look like you just walked in and they propped a beautiful baby in your arms for a photo op!!
you look great and she is soooo cute!!
congratulations :-)

Whitney said...

Melissa I am so happy everything went so pleasantly (Good Job Momma!) and you have had the wonderful bonding experience with your baby girl the night she was born. I didnt get to have Chloe for 2 nights while she was in the NICU so i understand the way you felt looking at Leah that night. so special!
I know when we found out the new ward boundries, Dave's first comment was "that's too bad we lose Johnny as our home teacher". We were sad! He has been coming since we moved into this ward. Tell him we will miss him. Where is Julie Belnap that she won't get to see the baby for 3 mnths?
Brooklyn will warm up to her new baby after the novelty wears off. Take care- Keep in touch thru blogger