Monday, December 1, 2008

Giving Thanks

We had such a fun Thanksgiving I'm sad it's over. For only the second time since being married, my whole family got together, so we took a trip to St. George. The car ride was a breeze since we have a DVD player and we let my mom and dad tag along in the car to entertain their favorite grandchild. Only it wasn't that far down the road that I heard my mom and dad argue with Brooklyn over what movie they should watch. Yes, mom. Brooklyn would love to watch Holes instead of Twelve Dancing Princesses!
We actually made it to Vegas for a day and I finally got to see Mamma Mia! It was good, but I honestly liked the movie so much that I think I compared the two a little too much. I totally owe my Aunt Christy for driving Brooklyn from Vegas to St. George while she screamed "I no yike this car!" so we could go to the play.
I also learned that I will never leave Brooklyn and go on another trip again because the repercussions from her just aren't worth it. All week long she thought we were leaving her and was a monster to anyone who wanted to.....forbid......hold her. When I went to the bathroom without notifying her first, she would be sobbing by the time I got out because she thought I left her again.
All in all it was so much fun and so worth the drive to be with my family. I wish we could have been two places at once, because this Thanksgiving especially, I know Jonny really wanted to be with his family too. We are very spoiled and have too many blessings to count.

3 comments:

Genessa said...

Glad to see that you guys had a great time. Happy 5th Anniversary also.

Just Us said...

Atleast you know she really loves her mommy!! Lucky you gettting to go somewhere warm. We got snow yesterday and so I guess warm just sounds really nice right now. Any plans for Christmas and the girls night?

Jared and Erin said...

Hey Melissa, I found your blog through Jen's. You liked the movie Mamma Mia, huh! I made the mistake of taking Jared to that at the cheap theater. There was Jared, one guy sitting oddly by himself, and then a bunch of girls. Jared says I owe him 5 favors for that night. I think I would have enjoyed it better if I had gone with a bunch of girls rather than having to hear my husband sigh through most of it.