Sunday, October 31, 2010

Birthday Girl!

That's right, my little Lewey is ONE! I had forgotten how fun this age is. Of course I prefer this age to her newborn stage of crying 20 hours a day, barely sleeping at night, barely sleeping during the day, and her refusals to nurse be cuddled or even be held for that matter. I start to twitch just thinking about it....

What a dramatic change this little girl has made from her grouchy first 7-8 months of life. She is a people person and little smiler. She smiles at anyone and anything.

Here are a few things about my big one year old:
*Two teeth
*Still crawling everywhere. Walking does not seem to be in her immediate future
*Somehow she knows that stairs are scary so she is very careful not to get too close to them. I love that I don't have to worry about her attempting to go down them. Though she loves to throw her toys down them.
* Says mama, dadda, doddy (doggy) uh-oh, hi, and hu-oh (hello). I swear she is a genius!
* Waves, claps, dances, signs 'more', points her cute chubby finger at everything and wants me to talk about it to her.
*Haven't taken her to the doctor for months, but pretty sure she is about 25lbs.
*Wears size 18-24 month clothes!
* I rarely cut her food. She is a champion chewer. She eats sandwiches, string cheese, spaghetti, yet hates anything remotely pureed.
* Still doesn't sleep through most nights, but I figure she is hearty enough, so when she tries to wake us up at 12, 2, or 4, A.M. I just turn off the monitor! She won't remember anyway right???
* Gives the best open mouth kisses
*Has taken only one nap a day for about 2 months. Brooklyn was still taking three naps at this age. I was hoping that was typical ;(

I realize why I love this age so much. She is still a baby, but is old enough to laugh at my teasing her, and knows how to play and interact with us. If only they could come out a one year old!

Before her party I let her open her first present from her great-grandpa Bills. She saves her best smiles for him!





Sittin in her chair ready for all her presents!








She loved her creepy monkey from her Nana.




She wasn't too sure about the ice cream at first, but she just picked it up with one hand and went to town. I have taught her well.





I love watching this little girl grow and learn. There are so many little milestones that didn't happen with Brooklyn that I love watching with Leah. She is so energetic and funny. I can honestly say I take joy in her messes. I have a 4 year old who NEVER made a mess, so I appreciate a good mess now and again! I smile when I see she has unrolled the toilet paper, or I find her little greasy handprints on the fridge, stove, dishwasher, coffee table, and any glass surface. It is so beautiful to watch these little people grow.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEAH! Love you.


3 comments:

A said...

I love your bi annual posts!!

Although Emmett is quite offended he was not in Leah's b-day pics. He's also offended that she knows words, cuz he does not :(

Your Jason post made me cry.

You need to post pics of the 'partay' that we missed out on.

That is all.

Denelle said...

I just think your girls are adorable. Though, I think I scare Brooklyn often. I look at your little updates of Leah and think okay David, you have to say at least 5 words by the time you are one now. Only because I think that he is also a genious and if he fails... Happy Birthday, Leah!

carlpam3 said...

Gracie has that same monkey except he only claps with one hand because the other one if broke. It is hilarious!