Sunday, June 22, 2008

VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!

For those of you that are daily bloggers and occassionaly check any of the people's blogs on my friends' list, I'm sure that you have probably heard all you can about our trip to Vegas that we got home from about a week ago, but how often do four bestfriends get to leave their kids and husbands home to go on vacation together? Well in five years since we have all been married, it has NEVER happened, hence our excitement.

So the four of us loaded up my friend Jessica's Honda and took off to Vegas. Actually everyone had it pretty easy since Jess and I had at least another three hours added to our trip since we started in Pocatello, but none the less the drive was fun. What? no screaming kids? No one yanking the daylights out of their carseat straps yelling "OUT! Mamma! Out!" No one had to get out two hours into the trip because they decided they were hungry, or bored, or had to pee. (actually they tried, but I wouldn't stop the car until we were almost out of gas! I'm alot of fun, can't ya tell?)
Poor Jonny had to work every day at the Bookstore, while juggling his Realtor duties and playing full time dad. While I was gone he took Brookyln to the eye doctor and found out that she needs eye surgery, her Go-Go- Boots fell off the day after I left so he spent a day dealing with that (we have since gone back to SLC and got her fixed finally!). To say the least he looked completely trashed when I got home and perhaps I gained a little more respect from him, if that is possible :)

We loved our hotel we stayed at and tried to relax as much as we could. We tried for three days to get tickets to Mamma Mia, only to be told each day that they would have plenty the next day, so on Friday we excitedly asked to purchase four tickets to the show only to be told that it doesn't play on Fridays! We were pretty mad, but got tickets to the Knights show at Excalibur. We also realized that we are all pretty bad drivers, and have poor sense of direction without our husbands around. Anyway, I'll let the few pictures that I actually took speak for themselves........

Basking in the sun in the Lazy River. We decided that some pervert got the idea to create see through tubes. I posted this picture small so you can see very little of the rest of us through the tubes! After going around the river for about two hours poor red-headed, light skinned Keri was left with the worst sun burn ever. Not quite the way to start out the trip. We got told that we resembled the four girls off Sex and the City. I was the only sinner who had even seen the show so it meant very little to Jessica, Angela, and Keri.

This is how Angela and I spent most of the trip....with our noses buried in a book. We perferred doing this to shopping with Keri and Jessica for SEVEN STRAIGHT HOURS!!!

Although as you can see, we did manage a few hours of shopping when we weren't reading. This is the reason Jonny told me that he thought it would be "fun" for me to go work at Costco when it arrives at the end of the summer. Sorry Jonny, this is my job. And no, I am not pregnant but I agree that it appears that I am based on this picture......



And Here we are testing our line dancing skills at Stoney's. We are not the brightest since we decided to pose in front of the Bull (that I successfully rode), for a picture only to realize that we covered the whole thing up with our cute little pose. It wasn't until later that we wondered why we didn't pose ON the bull......what a great idea. I'd also post a picture of me riding the bull but Keri was the photographer who got pictures of me and NOT the bull while I was riding it. It's OK Ker, I forgive you. I just know not to ask you to take pictures again.



Here we are at the show at Excalibur. That's our waiter sticking his bald head in the picture behind us. He would give us a look of sympathy when the drunk brothers next to us would order another beer or two. I'm not sure who was more entertaining, them or the show!
See ya in Vegas next year Girls!!!

5 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

Our waiter the moron! :) The waiter that made my chicken dance? What the freak!?PS I need copies of your pics! :) Me and Keri have camera duty next trip! As I posted on Keri's blog it may have to be next year...

the longmores said...

Well Melissa did you know that the tiny little picture blows up to a full screen when you click on it. You might want to check that out. Our legs looks pretty "sexy" up front!! It was fun to see the new pictures and tell Johnny he deserves a trip now.

A said...

Poor Jonny! I did actually laugh out loud at the seemingly normal pool pic that upon close examination reveals magnetized thighs through clear tubes. Sex in the City my eye. I am pretty mad about the stupid bull pic. Idiots! I think everyone looks so cute- did you send us those pics? Maybe you'll think twice next time you mock my blog . . .

A said...

Hi. Just wondering why I get to pick the place next year. I also wanted you to get excited when you saw all your comments, only to see it's just us. I think everyone looks better in those pics than they do in person. Jk, but they're cute.

Jessica Adams said...

Thanks for the bow making session! Tell Johnny I was upset that I didn't get to try the peanut butter balls! :0