Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Normal At Last......

well as normal as things are around our house! For once I haven't had a list of things to post which in my eyes is a good thing. Things have definitely slowed down finally and we have been really enjoying the last half of summer. Brooklyn and I have fallen into a routine of going on a bike ride, then to the park for free lunch, then taking naps (including me), and usually followed by swimming at someones house and playing with cousins. Don't you love summer?

I dare say that I have never seen Brooklyn so happy. Don't get me wrong, the 'terrible twos' is a title that she rightfully deserves by the growing number of tantrums that just started surfacing a couple times a day! But never have I seen her able to explore and entertain herself. She has finally reached a level of independence that is a miracle to me. Somehow over night she has become my little helper and quite the jabber jaws. I laugh at her every day! I guess this all came as a surprise because I was sure that once she got those casts off it would take time for her to get strength in her legs back, but the opposite happened. She gained so much muscle from lugging those things around that she crawls better than ever and even stands (with her walker) occasionally. We videoed her standing for the first time which I'll try to post soon.
With weeks as fun as these it makes me wonder what we'll do to entertain ourselves come winter!

10 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

So fun! We all need to get together for a barbeque before school starts!

Amber Hooten said...

Yeah! I am so glad that to hear that Brooklyn is doing well! You have a miracle child! Sounds like summer is fun for you! I wish that we could go bike riding. It has been really hot here lately. The last few weeks it hasn't been under 100 degrees. We stay inside or go to the pool in the morning before it is too hot.

The Suttons said...

Hey! How are you guys? Brooklyn is sooo cute-we have a blog also if you want to look at it sometime you can-I added yours to our list-hope that's ok! Hope you guys are doing good-tell Jonny Hi!! oh- our blog is karantroy.blogspot.com

Just Us said...

Melis`
I am so glad to hear that everything went well with her casts coming off. She deserves more than the terrible two's with all she's had to deal with, not that I would wish that on you by any means! Hope all is well! I am so glad to be able to keep up with all you guys, I really missed hearing about your little families! This is my business blog, bit its all I have for the moment until I finish it, and then I will start a personal one! Hope you continue to have a great summer with your cute little one!
Liz

Jessica Adams said...

This is why we are friends! Because you fully support my decision to only have 1 child! :) I love it! Thanks for the support! I am way excited to read the fourth book? How did you like it? The third was the BEST! I am at work so if you are close to ISU and you feel the urge to feed my unhealthy habit drop book 4 off! :)

Just Us said...

Melis-
I will be in town next week for my sisters 3rd baby. Are you busy or can we get together for lunch? Let me know!!
Liz

Just Us said...

Melis-
I will be in town next week for my sisters 3rd baby. Are you busy or can we get together for lunch? Let me know!!
Liz

Genessa said...

Hey it was good running into you today. You look great, your little girl is so cute. So good to see you.

Jessica Adams said...

The host may take me a little longer to read! :) It was good to see little Brooklyn! Every time I see her I am amazed! She is a doll!

A said...

Just settle down you, is your phone broken? I have been at a family reunion, and this lifestyle is starting to wear on me. In all honesty, I'm probably not that much of a treat to talk to. Anyway, I am moving back with my children on the 3rd of September (gotta make my volleyball game:) and then we do a final walk through on the 9th. We close the week after that in case there is anything in need of repair. Now that we have our dates set, everything should be just fab but it is not. I am ready to be done now! You tell Jess to keep up her speed reading cuz when I get back I want book 4.