Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas, Christmas, and more Christmas!!!

Since both of our families live in the same town as us, holidays tend to get a little crazy. The craziness started the 23rd with the Fisher Christmas party. The Fisher's are a small family of about 300, so this was a nice quiet start to a week of partying.......

We then spent Christmas Eve at my parents house where little Brookie got spoiled once again but I walked away with the best gift of all......a Kitchen Aid mixer. I love it!!



Here is Brooklyn at the Christmas Party with some of her favorite people, cousin Tayzlee and Kayson. I don't notice the large size of Brooklyn's head until she sits next to little headed Tayzlee. And isn't black supposed to be slimming? She can get away with anything with that cheesy smile though!




So everyone decided to spend the night at Jonny's parents house so we could wake up all together and open gifts. I'm the first to say that I was not to thrilled with the idea of sleeping on a ten year old couch when my house was only two miles away, but we did it, and I had to swallow my pride and admit that it was a lot of fun to watch all the littles open their Santa gifts together.
Brooklyn walked away a very spoiled girl with a new Kitchen, dress up clothes, a Dora doll, and a new bike. Hmmmmm......still not sure how the bike thing is gonna work, but we'll try. Thanks grandma!



Does anyone else see a resemblance???



Two of a very cute kind!!!




Scootin' in her new had that our neighbor made for her.

And finally, Christmas NIGHT, we found some time to open our own gifts at our house just the three of us. Brooklyn is sporting her new necklaces and her new Dora shoes. Yes SHOES!!!! Her first pair that has fit over her braces in a year!



4 comments:

Just Us said...

Could she seriously be any cuter??? No worries on the bike-it will come in time! Hope you guys had a great holiday!!

Genessa said...

Looks like you guys had a busy and fun Christmas. Your little girl is so stinking cute, she just keeps getting bigger.

Kit said...

Hey Melissa,
I have looked at your blog a few times and read updates on your little Brooklyn, but have never left a comment. I just have to say what a great mom I think you are. Brooklyn is so completely ADORABLE! I love reading about her milestones (walking) and can't help but think how difficult and how beautiful everything has been for you guys. In nursing school I met some kids with spina bifida, so I know a little bit about it. She is so lucky to have parents that love her and fight for her and completely believe in her. I am sure that everyone around her is in love with her, because she is so dang cute! Anyways just wanted to leave a note/novel and tell you that you inspire me...
Kristin (Spitzer) Patten

A said...

Hey McCoy informed me after you guys left that he likes Brookies Daddy so tell Jon he has McCoy's approval. Your bangs look so cute in that first pic and I'm totally jealous of your kitchen aid. Be there on the 24 for a very quick visit. See ya later!