Monday, March 30, 2009

These Boots Were Made for..... Crawlin!


The other day I was in the Kitchen and I heard the loudest noises coming from our entry way, and wondered what Brooklyn was pushing along to make such a racket. Well she rounded the corner with my boots on her hands and smiled proudly at me and said "I'm walkin in your shoes mom!"

I know most little girls love to put on their mom's shoes and walk around the house, and Brooklyn found a way to do it in her own little way! Since then she makes it a daily routine to find either mine or Jonny's shoes and slip them on her hands and "walk" around the house just like us!



I love the quirky little things she does. There isn't a day that I don't find myself laughing out loud at the way she crawls. Her head is down, her hands turned in, and her feet fly out to the sides. When she gets going too fast she starts crawling sideways and can't seem to slow down. I love to think about her walking, but I almost wonder if these moments are funnier than most, more precious and unique. These are the reasons I love my little Girl.


Oh ya, and she is completely potty trained!!! The doctors gave me a whole booklet on how to potty train a child with Spina Bifida, but I decided that she didn't need any of the extra medicine, and techniques that are usually used, so I did it my own way. She really should not be able to do this for like 5-10 more years. My family often asks since Brooklyn does so well that if I found out I was going to have another child with Spina Bifida if I would even be upset, and I say "I would freak out!" I feel like as far as kids with Spina Bifida go, we won the lottery!


4 comments:

Amber Hooten said...

Melissa, I LOVE hearing about Brooklyn. You sure did win the lottery. Keep up the great work! She really is a precious little girl.

Jessica Adams said...

She is so sweet! Tips for potty training? I swear I will never be done! :)

Harris said...

She is such a doll. You can't help but smile when you see her cute little face. What a cute little family!!

the longmores said...

Such a cute post! Brookly looks so cute and grown up in these pictures. I love the birthday pictures. I can't believe she is 3!